Sunday, November 30, 2014

Week 5: More proofs

I'm glad to have assignment 1 and term test 1 behind me. I had felt very unsure about everything in assignment 1, but one trip to Larry's office hours turned out to be very helpful and productive. Question 5 had made no sense to me, but I walked out of there feeling confident about my answers. I felt that I did decently on the test as well. Thank goodness for the practice tests, they were excellent practice and prepared me well so that there were no surprises on the test.

This week, we learned more proof techniques. In general, the material seemed straightforward, as it always does once the answer is in front already of you. Proofs are meant to be read easily, but I'm starting to realize that actually coming up with a proof requires a substantial amount of creativity. I will need to do many practice problems if I hope to do well on the next test. For the next assignment, I anticipate a lot of staring blankly at the questions, some useless scribbling, then giving up and binge watching The Walking Dead (zombies are really gross).

No comments:

Post a Comment